Thursday, August 6, 2015
Book Review: NIV Faithgirlz Bible
This special binding of the Faithgirlz! Bible, NIV offers a trendy and unique magnetic closure.
From back cover:
Every girl wants to know she’s totally unique and special. This Bible says that with Faithgirlz! sparkle. Through the many in-text features found only in the Faithgirlz! Bible, NIV girls will grow closer to God as they discover the journey of a lifetime.
• Book introductions—Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book.
• Dream Girl—Use your imagination to put yourself in the story.
• Bring It On!—Take quizzes to really get to know yourself.
• Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?—See for yourself what you have in common.
• Words to Live By—Check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing.
• What Happens Next?—Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words.
• Oh, I Get It!—Find answers to Bible questions you've wondered about.
• The complete New International Version (NIV).
• Features written by bestselling author and tween expert Nancy Rue.
What drew me to this book was the pink and purple font. I wished they put Jesus' words in pink or red, but this book is a great NIV Bible from preteen through teen. I love the reference sections in the back including a weights and measurements section, which can be very useful for understanding the way measurement was standard in the Bible. How to begin a relationship with Jesus section is a nice keepsake for new believers. The through the Bible in a year section, is a great reference for keeping track of the great goal of reading through the Bible. The Promises from the Bible and Perspectives from the Bible section helps teens with tough issues from a biblical a perspective. The notes section gives a few pages to write notes or start a reference section. The magnetic enclosure is a nice feature for a new Bible but I wonder how it will close if any journaling or papers were added over time. There is no name section in the beginning but lots of blank space to make your own name and dedication section. Overall I like this Bible and my preteen daughters love it. I would recommend this Bible to anyone has a teen or preteen daughter.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”